Want to know more about Evanescence’s bass play Tim McCord? Tim sat down to answer some of your questions and tell you more about his music! Read on to see what he has to say then check out the tour dates HERE to see when you can see him rocking in a town near you. Also, make sure to follow Tim on TwitterHERE.
1. What’s your favorite song to play on stage? ’The Change.’ It has my favorite groove out of the Evanescence records. It’s always really fun for me.
2. When and how did you get your first bass? I was 14, so that was around 1993. I had saved up a few hundred dollars to buy a bass and my dad matched me dollar for dollar since he was also a musician and encouraged my creativity. With his help, I was able to get a 1973 Sunburst Fender Precision Bass. It was the bass I wanted because it’s the same model and color that Sting plays, who at the time was my favorite bass player (and is still near the top of the list).
3. What other instruments do you play? I also play guitar, some keyboards, and in most bands I’ve been in I sang backup vocals.
4. What are your favorite places to travel and anywhere you haven’t been that you want to visit? Wow, we’ve been to so many amazing places it’s hard to choose favorites. I’ll have to say Japan, Australia, South America. Brazil especially, the Netherlands, Prague, Athens, the UK. I’ve still never been to Thailand or India and would very much love to see those places.
5. Who first inspired you to be a musician? I grew up in a household where my dad was a guitarist/bassist and my brother was a drummer. Some of my earliest memories are of them having family jam sessions in our garage on weekends. I suppose it’s years and years of this that got me interested in playing. Check out some of Tim’s favorite songs on Spotify below!